Christmas Miniatures Quilt with Julia Gahagan
Fri 8th November 2019 @ 10:00 am - 3:30 pm| £45
Skills required/ suitability
Any level beginners to advanced
Description of course
Create a Christmas themed miniature quilt using a quick and easy appliqué technique
Worksheets patterns provided
Kits/materials provided/cost Kit £10 if required or bring items on requirements list.
You will need:
- Christmas themed fabrics. Pieces should be at least 10” wide and a variety of depths up to 6”
- Backing fabric 9” x 12” approx (no need to pre-cut before class)
- Thin wadding 9” x 12” approx plus a few scrap pieces
- Soft white net or chiffon ( I will have some for purchase at £1 per piece)
- A variety of small scraps to add other designs to your quilt
- Sewline fabric glue pen (some will be available for loan)
- Coloured threads to match your fabrics
- Sewing machine and handbook
- Open toe appliqué foot if your machine has one
Learning Outcome, Skills Learned:
To identify suitable colours and fabric for a Christmas themed design
To demonstrate shadow appliqué and quilting on individual design
To identify appropriate quilting for the design produced
TICKETS TO BE PURCHASED IN ADVANCE.
Eventbrite tickets incur a 5.5% +£0.49 per ticket fee – to avoid charges you can pay by card via our encrypted phone line or in cash, cheque, card or voucher in store (during open hours).