Introduction to Free Machine Embroidery with Anne Hellyer
Sat 7th December @ 10:00 am - 3:30 pm| £45
Are you new to free machine embroidery, would you like to learn more?
You will learn the basic technique of free machine embroidery, including how to make a variety of machine cords to compliment your fabrics.
You will need:
- You will need to bring your own sewing machine and a darning foot, together with an ordinary straight stitch foot. Please also bring the instruction book for your machine. (NOTE it is important to know if the feed dogs can be dropped on your machine – or if not that you have a plate to cover them. If you are unsure please speak to Lynn before the day).
- An extension lead
- Basic sewing kit
- 7” – 8” embroidery hoop
- A piece of fabric approx 10 inches square –A plain cotton or a piece of calico is an ideal first time fabric.
- A second piece of cotton or calico approx 12 inches square to use as a backing
- Machine threads, (a minimum 2 or 3 colours to compliment and/or contrast with your fabric)
- Heavier threads for couching (optional)
Refunds (less eventbrite admin fees) are available up to two weeks prior to the start of a course. After this date refunds are at the discretion of Jolly Stitcher.